Friday, October 2, 2009

The dream

If you are in Cape Town on October 7th this would be a great one to attend.

Archbishop Emeritus and Nobel Peace Prize winner (1984) Desmond Tutu will launch his wonderful children’s book God’s Dream. And the moral voice of our nation will read from his book in English, Afrikaans and isiXhosa.

And on top of that the Archbishop will be exactly 78 years young that day. Happy birthday already from me in advance of it all!!

Just had a lovely Tutu-memory popping up in my head. In December 2006 I met the Archbishop in his office near Cape Town. I remember specifically 1 line from that moment. “I am happy I am not God”, he said, “because God created Osama Bin Laden as well as George Bush Jr.”. And then his oh so lovable laugh followed. What a man! Much respect!

So God’s Dream is published by Jacana Media in all of our 11 official languages. How nice! It will make it accessible to all of the children of the rainbow nation.

For details about the book and the launch, contact the Centre of the Book in Cape Town, or I guess the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment